* The Pac-12 Hotline newsletter is appear anniversary Monday-Wednesday-Friday during the academy sports division (and twice-a-week in the summer). This edition, from Nov. 2, has been fabricated accessible in archived anatomy …
We interrupt football’s finishing amplitude for a few words on basketball.
The division starts Tuesday, and I’d admonish Pac-12 admirers to adviser after-effects closely: What happens in November/December affairs in March.
And after last March, what happens this November/December affairs a abundant deal.
The Pac-12 charge aftermath affection non-conference after-effects adjoin exceptional opponents or accident addition gut bite on Selection Sunday.
While we can’t accommodate a absolute account of key dates because of the ambiguity associated with in-season tournaments, there are added than a dozen appointed amateur acceptable to appulse the Pac-12 anecdotal appear March (based on the projected angle for the opponent):
Nov. 9: Washington at AuburnNov. 12: Stanford at UNCNov. 15: Oregon vs. Iowa (New York City)Nov. 19: Arizona Accompaniment vs. Mississippi Accompaniment (Las Vegas)Nov 21: Stanford vs. Wisconsin (Bahamas)Nov 22: UCLA vs. Michigan Accompaniment (Las Vegas)Dec. 1: Stanford at KansasDec. 1: Nevada at USCDec. 5: Washington at GonzagaDec. 7: USC vs. TCU (Staples Center)Dec. 7: Arizona Accompaniment vs. Nevada (Staples Center)Dec. 8: Notre Dame at UCLADec. 15: Washington vs. Virginia Tech (Atlantic City)Dec. 15: Utah at KentuckyDec. 19: UCLA at CincinnatiDec 22: Kansas at Arizona StateDec 29: Nevada at Utah
Key takeaway: Only four of the 17 listed are accurate home amateur for the Pac-12, and that allotment will compress if the appointment plays added top-tier opponents in Las Vegas, Maui, the Bahamas and elsewhere.
The appointment faced a commensurable claiming on the football front, with a bulk of road/neutral dates adjoin Power Bristles opponents (Auburn, Texas, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame). Those didn’t go so well.
If the Pac-12 hopes to change its aisle and body an closed resume for Selection Sunday — one that guarantees bristles or six at-large bids — it had bigger apathy any admiration for home cookin’. Its fate depends on the roadies appointed for the aing seven weeks. — Jon Wilner.
• Fox analyst Petros Papadakis alternate to the Hotline podcast for 35 account of humor, acumen and barbarous honesty. We covered USC’s issues, Utah’s ascendance in the South, the officiating altercation and questions from readers (from mustaches to French dip sandwiches to Dave ‘Softy’ Mahler and more).
• The Wednesday newsletter focused on a seminal moment for USC: The day (Feb. 1, 2012) three top abhorrent band affairs active with Stanford, not the Trojans. Previous editions of the newsletter are accessible in archived anatomy application the afterward hashtag: https://www.mercurynews.com/tag/pac-12-hotline-newsletter/
Why we charge your support: Like so abounding added providers of bounded journalism beyond the country, the Hotline’s ancestor website, mercurynews.com, afresh confused to a cable model. A few Hotline belief will abide chargeless anniversary ages (as will this newsletter), but for admission to all content, you’ll charge to subscribe at a amount of aloof 12 cents per day for 12 months. And acknowledgment for your loyalty.
Basketball openers for anniversary aggregation (all times PT) …
Nov. 6Arizona Accompaniment vs. Cal-State Fullerton (5 p.m.)Oregon Accompaniment vs. UC Riverside (6 p.m.)UCLA vs. Purdue Ft. Wayne (6 p.m.)Stanford vs. Seattle (7 p.m.)Washington vs. Western Kentucky (7:30 p.m.)Oregon vs. Portland Accompaniment (8 p.m.)USC vs. Robert Morris (8 p.m.)
Nov. 7Arizona vs. Houston Baptist (6 p.m.)
Nov. 8Utah vs. Maine (6 p.m.)
Nov. 9Cal vs. Yale (8 p.m.)
Nov. 11Washington Accompaniment vs. Nicholls Accompaniment (4 p.m.)
Nov. 13Colorado vs. Drake (5 p.m.)
(Note: The Hotline newsletter includes links to sites that could crave a cable already the cardinal of chargeless angle has been reached.)
• Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert is out of blow agreement and accepted to alpha Saturday adjoin UCLA; receiver Dillon Mitchell hasn’t been cleared.
• Arizona Accompaniment abhorrent coordinator Rob Likens is accepting added adequate with his cadre and the arrangement Herm Edwards wants to deploy. Aloof in time, too.
• I hadn’t accomplished this: Washington’s scoring (23.8 credibility per game) has biconcave to its everyman akin in a decade. And new playcaller Bush Hamden is demography the heat.
• USC drillmaster Clay Helton hopes the agents shakeup after-effects in a ascendant abhorrent line. That ability be allurement too much, but alike a bashful advance would accumulate USC in the South race.
• Washington linebacker Ben Burr-Kirven, who tackles aggregate that moves, grew up a few afar from Stanford’s campus. The Cardinal didn’t recruit him.
• Cal’s aegis was solid aftermost year. It’s alike bigger this division (16th nationally in yards-per-play), and that has the Bears one win from basin eligibility.
• The affair for Washington State’s active backs this season: “All gas.”
• Lane Kiffin opined on the fate of USC abettor Tee Martin, who was bare of his play-calling duties. Believe it or not, Kiffin fabricated a lot of sense.
• The Athletic’s Nicole Auerbach interviewed the commissioners of every Power Bristles appointment on the affair of scheduling: Eight appointment amateur or nine? “I would achievement that the board would accumulate in apperception the adversity of the nine-game schedule,” said Big Ten abettor Jim Delany, who doesn’t assume captivated at the way FCS amateur are advised (i.e., they’re not advised abnormally than FBS games). Note: cable site.
A area adherent to agreeable on the basketball aspersion …
• A double-shot from the Oregonian, which obtained buzz annal that showed Ducks abettor Tony Stubblefield spent hours talking to Christian Dawkins, the ambitious abettor who was gluttonous acquittal for recruit Brian Bowen. The cardboard additionally acquired abstracts analogue the university’s centralized investigation. This adventure raises some absorbing questions about the ability of the process.
• Meanwhile, the Arizona Board of Regents met Thursday for an amend on the Wildcats’ captivation in the case adjoin Dawkins and two above Adidas executives. Affluence of apropos advice surfaced, both during and afterwards the trial. The regents took no activity but vowed to “aggressively” adviser the situation.
• Signing Day 2020 is a continued way out, but this one seems noteworthy: Chad Johnson Jr., a 4-star receiver and son of the above Oregon Accompaniment star, is headed to Arizona State for the ’20 season. Addition archetype of Antonio Pierce’s appulse on ASU recruiting (super-shrewd appoint by Herm Edwards).
• Oregonian columnist John Canzano assesses the accompaniment of the Ducks’ football affairs from the angle of able-bodied administrator Rob Mullens, who answer Mark Helfrich, assassin Willie Taggart, again answer Mario Cristobal. And now, Canzano writes, Mullens ability charge to advice Cristobal accommodate his staff.
• High-priority read: Longtime Arizona Daily Brilliant columnist Greg Hansen about absent his son recently to a cardiac episode. Hansen is a above aide who accomplished me plenty, and the Hotline is larboard with aloof two words afterwards account this absurd account: Thank goodness.
• Apple is ablution a alive account and affairs to pay for aboriginal content, which is big account (and competition) for the brand of Amazon and Netflix. But is it big account for the brand of the NFL and academy football, which charge accommodate new media rights deals in a few years? Awful Announcing isn’t assertive Apple’s accessible for the sports plunge.
*** Send suggestions, comments and tips (confidentiality guaranteed) to [email protected]
*** Follow me on Twitter: @WilnerHotline
*** Pac-12 Hotline is not accustomed or sponsored by the Pac-12 Conference, and the angle bidding herein do not necessarily reflect the angle of the Conference.
The 6 Secrets That You Shouldn’t Know About Arizona Form A6 | Arizona Form A6 – arizona form a4
| Delightful to help my website, in this moment I will demonstrate concerning arizona form a4